The Mother Complex is an early obstacle in the individuation of masculine consciousness. It affects one’s ability to relate to the Feminine aspect of the psyche in all its forms: Women (in dating), your own emotions and creativity, and your social environment.
This episode covers it on 3 layers:
- How to overcome the Dark Feminine’s challenge to your individuation (The internal Hero’s Journey)
- How it maps to anthropological evolution, from our neolithic ancestors to modern Homo Sapiens
- Ruwan’s personal experience of confronting the Dark Feminine when he was in the Matriarchal cult.
- How it relates to men’s mental health, anxieties, violence, and the male suicide epidemic.
- How individual consciousness maps to sociological consciousness (Neumann)
- Unpacking weird stories like the Oedipus Complex, and Myth of Isis/Osirus/Horus
- Son of Swords archetype and the development of ego within the Hero’s Journey (Campbell)
- Patriarchal vs. Matriarchal culture and effect on the psyche
- Origins of the Fear of Women
- Genesis and our inevitable “fall from grace” (Advent of agriculture)
- The Oral-Bio Survival Circuit (Robert Anton Wilson)
- Simple practical actions to confront your own Mother Complexes
For the video version of this podcast, click here: https://youtu.be/mIVM_jxlawg